Decatur, GA — This week, Agnes Scott College and its Center for Sustainability were recognized for their environmental responsibility and sustainability efforts by the 2022 Princeton Review Guide for Green Colleges. The college moved to no.16 in the 2022 rankings, up nine spots from the 2021 guide.
This year’s guide continues to highlight institutions that remain committed to sustainability and environmental justice being at the forefront of their decision-making processes.
The Center for Sustainability at Agnes Scott informs the community of the challenges of global climate change, including climate and environmental justice. It addresses them through community-focused collaborations and the pursuit of equitable solutions for sustainability on and off-campus.
Some of the initiatives Agnes Scott has taken on include:
- Climate action and climate resilience planning
- Energy and water efficiency upgrades
- Renewable energy installations
- Recycling and composting
- Maintenance of the campus arboretum and sustainable landscaping
- Hosted 2021 Women’s Global Leadership Conference centered on environmental justice
- Interdisciplinary curriculum initiatives, including a minor in environmental sustainability studies
- Renovation and LEED certification for Agnes Scott “Main” Hall
To learn more about the Center for Sustainability at Agnes Scott, visit their webpage here.